Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gotta Love It!

This is on my way to Chicago when I took Waldo to the doctor a few weeks ago...45.0 mpg according to the trip computer! He made it up to 46.4 mpg before I hit traffic. I had driven over 100 miles at this point and it's saying I can go an additional 537 before refueling! The actual hand-calculated mpg for the trip, with all the in-town driving, and the fact that they let Waldo idle for quite awhile in the shop while they were working on him, he averaged over 40.4 mpg for the entire 320+ miles!

His range will really be put to the test in two weeks, when I take Waldo on his first trip to WALT DISNEY WORLD! (yes, he's a little young, and probably won't remember it, but it'll be so cool to see how he reacts the first time he drives through the gates!) He's hoping to meet his movie star idols, Herbie and Lightning McQueen, but I told him to not get his hopes up too high!

No comments: